Being Grateful In The Ordinary
31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31
* What if the work is the reward?
* What if the prize is in the process?
* What if you can be grateful in the ordinary?
9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
1 Corinthians 15:9-10
Three enemies of the true reward.
1. The pillow: the seduction of comfort.
2. The shiny thing: the allure of constant distractions.
3. The Towel: the perpetual temptation to quit.
24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.